Welcome!

Több
10 éve 6 hónapja #410802 Írta: Metaflora
Metaflora válaszolt a következő témában: Welcome!
Altough I don't really hope that international guests read this topic randomly, to be sure not to neglect any channel of communication, I want to mention here our two international programme of this autumn:

Tolkien Mailing Competition. The Hungarian Tolkien Society proudly announces the launching of the “Quendi” category of the Tolkien Mailing Competition. It will be in English, open to any individual participant aged between 15 and 35. In the course of the Competition you will face different challenges like quizzes, riddles and creative tasks. The five rounds of the competition will last from October to March. The application deadline is 29 of September, 2013.

CAWT 2013. - Creativity, Autumn, Workshops, Tolkien! Tolkienite friends from all over the world are very welcome to join us in Zebegény (Hungary) for a long weekend of various programs from October, 31 through November, 3, 2013.

Kérjük, hogy Bejelentkezés vagy vagy Fiók létrehozása, hogy csatlakozhass a beszélgetéshez!

Több
10 éve 9 hónapja #409469 Írta: Thereon
Thereon válaszolt a következő témában: Welcome!
All right, so in the past 4-5 years I've been searching for fellow Tolkien members in Ireland, although the search has been unsuccessful. Unfortunatelly there is no Irish Tolkien Society, still there are evidences, that fans all around the island favours the movies and the books as well.

I found this article a long time ago, however because of the lithuanian trip I did not wanted to share it too early. Since there has been no other posts for a long time now, let me give you this article about a small tavern that every irish - and other - fans like to visit occasionally. The owner of course is one of the followers of Tolkien's work, his inn could be a mark for those who wishes to see all those fascinating places in Ireland, for example, the Burrens:

www.roadsidetavern.ie/roadside/a ... %20Society

Thereon, a vándorló varázsló

Kérjük, hogy Bejelentkezés vagy vagy Fiók létrehozása, hogy csatlakozhass a beszélgetéshez!

• Pillangó
  • Látogató
  • Látogató
10 éve 11 hónapja #408908 Írta: Pillangó
Pillangó válaszolt a következő témában: Welcome!
Wooooowww!!!!
:lájk:

Több
10 éve 11 hónapja #408907 Írta: Metaflora
:lájk:

Több
10 éve 11 hónapja #408906 Írta: Felagund
Felagund válaszolt a következő témában: Welcome!
Praise them with great praise! :lájk:

Congratulations!

Our knees do not bend easily

• Laiqualasse
  • Látogató
  • Látogató
10 éve 11 hónapja #408904 Írta: Laiqualasse
Laiqualasse válaszolt a következő témában: Welcome!
Today, we received an email saying that...

drum roll...

THE PROJECT IS FINANCED!!!

:)

A lot of work awaits now, but this summer might be excellent and very Tolkienistic :)

Több
11 éve 1 napja #408734 Írta: Sötét Úr
Sötét Úr válaszolt a következő témában: Welcome!
Laiqualasse: even more fingers crossed! :)

Több
11 éve 3 hete #408588 Írta: Felagund
Great news, let us carry on to hope for the best :)

• Laiqualasse
  • Látogató
  • Látogató
11 éve 3 hete #408583 Írta: Laiqualasse
Hello everyone :) I just found out that our application passed the administrative checks and has now been sent off to the Valar... I mean experts. We will have our answer in mid-April (not mid-March as we thought previously). So all is going well so far, but it will take a bit longer.

Több
11 éve 1 hónapja #408217 Írta: Felagund
Fingers crossed :)

• Laiqualasse
  • Látogató
  • Látogató
11 éve 1 hónapja #408215 Írta: Laiqualasse
Hi again,

Most of you probably know this already, but I'll post it here as well - we have submitted the application and should know the result by mid-March. I will keep you informed of how things proceed.

Több
11 éve 3 hónapja #407840 Írta: Metaflora

Laiqualasse írta: Great news! Please invite me to the event, my facebook profile is here .

I'll get back to you regarding the maximum number :)

Thanks! Add me as a friend, I sent a request (O. Flóra), than I can invite you - and be ready for a lot of question there :)
(Or simply join the event here. )

• Laiqualasse
  • Látogató
  • Látogató
11 éve 3 hónapja #407834 Írta: Laiqualasse

Metaflora írta: I got the permission and opened the registration for the opportunity and there is a lot of application already in the first hour, so I am quite sure that we can make a group above the minimum number... but we started to be interested in the question of the maximum number... :D (it is a facebook event, so if you want, I can invite you there, altough the conversation is in Hungarian, but you can see the numbers)

Great news! Please invite me to the event, my facebook profile is here .

I'll get back to you regarding the maximum number :)

Több
11 éve 3 hónapja #407831 Írta: Metaflora
I got the permission and opened the registration for the opportunity and there is a lot of application already in the first hour, so I am quite sure that we can make a group above the minimum number... but we started to be interested in the question of the maximum number... :D (it is a facebook event, so if you want, I can invite you there, altough the conversation is in Hungarian, but you can see the numbers)

Több
11 éve 3 hónapja #407821 Írta: Metaflora

Laiqualasse írta: Merry Christmas to everyone!

May I remind you that we need your response by the end of the month on whether you'll be able to participate in our shebang next year. :)

Merry Christmas to you, too :)
It was a good idea to repeat this information, I remembered only the "January" and not the "before", I hope we can make an answer before the end of the year, and am not sure others were better in memory. I'm not sure who should take care of this, but I'll try to do something about it :)

• Laiqualasse
  • Látogató
  • Látogató
11 éve 3 hónapja #407819 Írta: Laiqualasse
Merry Christmas to everyone!

May I remind you that we need your response by the end of the month on whether you'll be able to participate in our shebang next year. :)

Több
11 éve 4 hónapja #407321 Írta: Encsi
Encsi válaszolt a következő témában: Welcome!
cool!! 8)

'Can't you see? It's coming through the wall! It's coming right through the wall!'
'A lot of things come through the wall after your first drink of scrumble. Green hairy things usually.'

• Laiqualasse
  • Látogató
  • Látogató
11 éve 4 hónapja #407320 Írta: Laiqualasse
Hello again,

I have some more information regarding our plans for the next year international hike. More specifically, I can now tell you a little bit about the prices.

Accommodation and food will cost about 100 Euros per person. This includes four nights in a village tourism ranch and food/drink for the whole nine days of your stay in Lithuania.

There will be some expenses related to organising the whole event - materials for props and activities, fuel costs, etc. I can't imagine them totalling to more than 50 Euros per person.

These two costs should be fully compensated from the project money for all eligible participants.

Travel to and from Lithuania might cost you about 170 Euros (that's the price for a bus ride from Budapest to Vilnius and back). We are looking into other possibilities (plane, train, renting a car or a minibus) and will inform you when we know more details. The project money will compensate up to 70% of this cost.

So the grand total cost for each participant should not be more than 350 Euros. Each eligible participant (those aged between 13-25 and up to 1/5th of the number of the first group aged 26-30) would only need to pay about 50 Euros for the whole thing! As for those above the age limit, we are looking into ways of reducing the costs and we believe we should be able to cut them by half for you, down to under 200 Euros.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask :) Also, let me know when you know whether you'll find enough participants for the project; I need that information before January (I don't need names or even a precise number, but the latter would help).

Regards,
Laiqualasse

Több
11 éve 5 hónapja #407056 Írta: Kincső
Kincső válaszolt a következő témában: Welcome!
Sounds really great! :)
I've had a Lithuanian roommate in Denmark last year, and she told a lot of nice things about your country :) So thank you for the invitation, we'll see what we can do! :D

"...asztaltalan szó-malaszttal..."

Több
11 éve 5 hónapja #407050 Írta: Metaflora
Hi Laiqualasse!

Thank you for the invitation, it sounds really great! :D I only hope our summer camp won't be at the same time...
(As you could observe, our forum is not really active these times, but we will try to spread the word about the invitation in the society :) )

• Laiqualasse
  • Látogató
  • Látogató
11 éve 5 hónapja - 11 éve 5 hónapja #407049 Írta: Laiqualasse
Dear friends,

It is said that you should prepare for the summer during winter, and so, with winter fast approaching, we in the Lithuanian Tolkien community are planning our events for the summer of 2013. One such event would ideally include you as well. What would you say to an offer of a week-long hiking and camping trip in Lithuania with fellow Lithuanian Tolkien geeks, with most of your expenses paid? Intrigued? Well then, read on for more details!

As a Tolkien society, we have a few defining attributes. We go out to nature for summer camps while discussing Tolkien and learning about Arda. We go on hiking trips, where we thread Lithuanian forests and fields for days on end. We sing around campfires until the early hours of the morning. And most importantly, we are doing all that for almost ten years! Next year will mark the 10th anniversary of our society, and the annual hikes and camps are already a well established tradition. We‘ve been thinking for several years now that we should invite foreign tolkienites to some of our events, but it is only now that these ideas are turning into more well-laid plans.

So, what we are proposing is this: next summer, provisionally on the 20th to 28th of July (that is a Saturday to the following Sunday, nine days in total), we are organising a hiking and camping trip among the majestic forests, rolling fields and scenic villages of north-eastern Lithuania. The hike itself will last five days – Monday to Friday – with both weekends dedicated to travel, meeting and greeting, and some preparation work. We are planning a host of activities, including learning some Rangers’ lore, playing campsite games, performing creative exercises and so on, during the hike. And then we will all make a short documentary about the experience, to share with friends and future generations.

The view from Hill of Lada - one of the places we intend to visit.

Does that sound interesting? Wait, I haven‘t gotten to the best part yet – all of this would be (almost) free! How come? We are writing this idea up as a project for the European Union “Youth in Action” programme and, if successful, this will provide funding for most of the expenses. The only payment foreign participants have to make is 30% of their travel expenses. In addition, there may be some other expenditures that are deemed “improper” by the programme administrators, for which we would all have to share the expenses. However, as things stand right now, we hope to be able to justify all our finances as abiding by the programme‘s requirements.

Of course, there are some other requirements and limitation imposed by the programme. The major one is that the event has to be aimed at people between 13 and 25 years of age. Up to one-fifth of the participants can be between 25 and 30 years old, but any more than that (or any older participants) would have to pay for their own travel and other expenses. Also, there should be at least 6 participants from each country, provided that three countries are participating; this is what we are aiming for; we are currently inviting you and Slovenian tolkienites to the project.

Our road goes ever on; will you join us?

We are still working out the various details of the event. So for now, I cannot give you much more information, although I will try to answer any questions you might have.

And my question to you all is – are you at all interested? I noticed that Hungarian members are discouraged from posting here, so feel free to respond by private messaging me.

Ammárë mermi (Best wishes),
Laiqualasse, on behalf of „TL Draugija“, the Lithuanian Tolkien society
Utolsó szerkesztés: 11 éve 5 hónapja által. Indoklás: clikcable URL fix - you may want do the same in your signature :)

Több
11 éve 9 hónapja #405874 Írta: Gandalf
Gandalf válaszolt a következő témában: Welcome!
"Jedes Jahr lädt die DTG eine europäische Schwestergesellschaft zum Tolkien Thing ein, um den internationalen Austausch zwischen den Gesellschaften zu fördern. Dieses Jahr dürfen wir die Magyar Tolkien Társaság, also die ungarische Tolkiengesellschaft, vom 12.-15. Juli 2012 auf Burg Hessenstein begrüßen."

"We are looking forward to welcoming our guests from Hungary at this year's Tolkien Thing in Germany!
Looking forward to any other international guests, of course. We still have a few places open for booking, so if you're interested, don't hesitate to contact me."

(Deutsche Tolkien Gesellschaft)

www.tolkien-thing.de/gastgesellschaft_be...1g_nachricht-82.html

• Lorwyn
  • Látogató
  • Látogató
12 éve 5 hónapja #403698 Írta: Lorwyn
Lorwyn válaszolt a következő témában: Welcome!
Hello dear friends!

The leaves are leving their home on the tree beside my home. It reminds me that the time of your CAAM has come near. I've always got that funny feeling, that I have to visit Zebegeny in this time of the year... but not this year :cry: I've got to many things to do right now... blaaaah... study...

I hope you will have a wonderful creative meeting in the end of October. ;)

And now the reason I've come to your forum... We should be ashamed of our website, since you have such a beautiful piece of art here! But finaly, the things about the re-construction are moving. And the first part is almoust done.
We have a new forum -> forum.drustvogil-galad.si
You are most welcome to visiti it here and there, leave a comment, send us information about your meetings, etc.
If we can't meet in persone, let at least chat a bit on the forum. 8-)

bye!

Több
12 éve 6 hónapja #403622 Írta: Gandalf
Gandalf válaszolt a következő témában: Welcome!
The Hungarian Tolkien Society holds its Creative Autumnal Art Meeting (CAAM) this year again. The location, as usual, is going to be the Grammar School of Zebegény.

Date: 2011. October 29 - November 1.

More details:
tolkien.hu/index.php?option=com_thcm&cat...55&Itemid=205&page=1

Több
12 éve 6 hónapja #403580 Írta: Elrenor
Elrenor válaszolt a következő témában: Welcome!
KÖMT 2011 – Zebegény
2011. 10. 29. Saturday – 11. 01. Tuesday
“Beneath the roof of sleeping leaves the dreams of trees unfold.”

The Hungarian Tolkien Society holds its Creative Autumnal Art Meeting this year again, to which all peoples of Beleriand are invited. If you want to be a part of the unforgettable feast of Mereth Aderthad, you are more than gladly welcome.
The host of the event is Fingolfin, king of Noldor. Besides maintaining our relationships we’d like everyone to share their crafts; for this we are still looking for volunteers.
If you would like to learn, this is your place! All applicants striving to create something unique are also welcome.
More details soon!

"Yksi sormus löytää heidät, se yksi heitä hallitsee,
se yksi heidät yöhön syöksee ja pimeyteen kahlitsee
maassa Mordorin joka varjojen saartama on."

Több
12 éve 9 hónapja #399978 Írta: Leguanember
Leguanember válaszolt a következő témában: Welcome!
Hi Rebeka/Lorwyn!

Thank you for peeping in, I put in the invitation in our 'foreign affairs' topic in the hungarian forum. Thus far not so many have enquired, but it will get better, I hope so.

Have a tremendous LARP fest before the GAM/VLS!

Greetings, Adam

TEGYETEK JÓT, MERT TUDTOK.
Minden más hiábavalóság.

• Lorwyn
  • Látogató
  • Látogató
12 éve 9 hónapja #399485 Írta: Lorwyn
Lorwyn válaszolt a következő témában: Welcome!
..khem, khem…Hear me, hear me!
As a messenger from our Society I here "post" the invitation to our 13th Grand Annual Meeting. :)

The number 13 is associated with bad luck and so we choosed this years theme to be filled with lots of really bad creatures! ORCS!

On our website you can find (under the english banner) the invitation and the application form: www.drustvogil-galad.si/main.htm

We already send the invitations to Adam, but I wanted to visit your forum as well. (Thank god for googletranslator :P Hungarian is not my thing...)

I really wanted to come to your camp this year... but it's in the same week as DrachenFest, a Larp festival me and Burek are going. :(
next year I need to manage the things and come! :lájk:
Take as much photos as you can! wanna see it :D

Rebeka

Több
12 éve 10 hónapja #398146 Írta: Aeglos
Aeglos válaszolt a következő témában: Welcome!
Dear Tolkien fans outside Hungary!

We would like to invite you to our annual Summer Camp which will be held in Boldogkőváralja, from the 21st to the 31st of July. The camp is titled "Awakening of Ithilien" and will tell the tale of Third Age settlers who reinhabit the fertile and once again uninfested valleys and glades of Ithilien after the end of the War of the Ring.

Our invitation extends to the full length of the camp and you also have the option to stay from 7 up to 9 days if 11 days are too much for you. If you decide to come, you will be placed in small groups, known as Families. Each Family will be part of a greater unit known as Clan or House. You may also participate in creative workgroups known as Orders, as it is now customary in the Hungarian Tolkien Society's camps. Although there won't be specific English language programs, translators will always be available for you if you require them. We are also inclined to inform you that due to the scarcity of accomodations we can only offer camping places.

As in the previous years, this year's Summer Camp will once again be unique expreience, a chance for you to embrace the feeling of a cool hungarian Tolkien camp. Singing, dancing and a fully authentic Ithilian Beer House will await you if you decide to join us.

We would love to have you on-board, settlers from faraway, foreign lands!

Camp Prices:

11 days full (normal food):
34.500 HUF

11 days full (vegetarian food):
36.500 HUF

9 days full (normal food):
34 500 Ft
(vegetarian food: + 1 700 Ft)

7 days full (normal food)
29 500 Ft
(vegetarian food: +1300 Ft)

More information at:
www.tolkien.hu
ithilien2011foszervezok@googlegroups.com

And in the sea there is a fish
A fish that has a secret wish.
Mellékletek:

Több
13 éve 10 hónapja #388702 Írta: Kincső
...and here is the application form to the camp! ;)

Deadline: 15 June 2010.
So you have approx. 3 weeks from now!

If you need more information to decide, write us!
(Here or mtttabor 'at' tolkien 'dot' hu)

Több
13 éve 10 hónapja #388562 Írta: Kincső
Informations about our summer camp - finally in English!

HERE

Moderátorok: GandalfAlyr ArkhonKincsőMetafloraAlew
Oldalmegjelenítési idő: 0.598 másodperc

SSL Security
Comodo SSL Certificate

Vissza a lap tetejére